Place Mesh Screens
Prevent All This From Going In
- Hair – You cannot stop hair from going down the drain but you can definitely reduce the amount. Before you go for a shower you should brush your hair so that all the loose hair will come out on the brush and go in the trash can and not in the drain.
- Grease, fats, and oils – Oils and grease from cooking does not go down the drain. It creates blockages and massive clogs.
- Napkins and sanitary products – Tissues and sanitary products often get flushed down the toilet. These things do not break down but get caught up in the bends causing clogged drains.
- Razors and blades – These do not only cause blockages but these can cause harm to plastic pipes. It may lead to a tear in the pipes ultimately resulting in a leak. It will also cause injury to the professional plumbers who come to clear the drains.
- Condoms – It is a bad idea to throw condoms down the drain as they will inflate and can be a destructive obstruction.
- Soap – The soap buildup down the drain can lead to major clogging.
Use a Plunger
Clogs will occur no matter how much you try to prevent them. You do not need to call professional plumbers for minor clogs. You will be able to clear out small clogs on your own. All you will need to clear out clogged drains is a good quality plunger. Using a plunger properly will help you to clear out clogged drains.
Rinse the Pipes
You do not need chemicals to keep your pipes clog-free. You can run hot water down the drain occasionally to help any grease in there to liquify. If you pour hot water after every meal, you will be able to keep your house drains clean.
You can prevent clogs in your drains by following these simple tips and tricks. You will also be able to save some money on repairs and the water in your drains will keep running down smoothly.