When you plan to buy a new water heater, it can be debatable whether you should go for a tank or tankless model. There are various models available in the market to choose from. But don’t be confused by all the options. We at Pro Plumbing will assist you in understanding which water heater is the best for you.
There are certain factors you must keep in mind while deciding on the type your water heater. You should ask yourself the following questions:
- How many people are going to share the use of water heater?
- Do you all need to use the shower immediately after one another?
- Does your dishwasher have a built in heater?
- How many loads of laundry do you expect to do in a day?
- Do you entertain many guests?
All of these questions will help you get a proper perspective about your need. Once you have answers to all these questions, let us understand the pros and cons of two water heaters.
Tank water heater:
- Low cost
- easy installation and part replacement
- Can be located anywhere in house
- Various fuel options available
- Provides hot water even if you need in less amount
- Very large and heavy
- May run out of hot water
- Stand by heat loss and waste of energy
- Uneven temperature control
Tankless water heater:
- Saves energy as it runs only when needed
- Small and compact in size, can be hung on wall
- Accurate temperature control
- Unlimited hot water
- Some waiting time for getting hot water
- Runs only on electricity
- Costs more than tank heater
- Can produce a limited amount of hot water
There is no right answer as to which is a better water heater, but you need to choose one that fits your needs at home. Weigh the pros and cons of both types of water heater and take into account the questions we asked earlier. For example, if it is going to be used by a couple doing laundry loads daily and not entertaining too many guests, then tankless water heater is a better option. If you have a large family with children or teenagers then tank water heater is better fitted for you.
If you are still unable to come to a decision, get in touch with Pro Plumbing and talk to us. We’ll understand your needs and requirements before suggesting the right for you. Plus, you’ll gain access to your unique knowledge of the products in the market and you can utilize your installation, maintenance and repair service.